You can also split a partition with the help of the Disk Management.
Combine Two Partitions:
Before starting the step-by-step process, suppose we are going to combine D: and E: partitions whose are not the system drive. And the size of the D: drive will be increased. These lines will help you for better understanding.
1. Open Control Panel and go to System and Security > Administrative Tools > Computer management. Or you can right-click on Computer and select Manage to get the Computer Management.
2. In the the Computer Management window, Expand the Storage from the left-pane and click on the Disk Management. Within a moment it will load all your drives.
3. Now you need a partition which will be added to the targeted one (E: drive will be added to D:). The drive which will be added to another, should be back-up before this major change on disk partitions.
4. So back up, delete the partition (deleting the E: drive ).
5. After getting a Free space partition, move to the partition (D: drive) which will be extended and right-click on it. Select the Extend Volume and go Next. It may look like following screenshot.
|Deleted partition | Free space|
6. Here the selected drive and its size are given. Select next from the bottom right.
|Select the Free disk space|
7. This may take a moment to combine two partitions into a single drive.
Be with us for more fun at Facebook, Google+ , Twitter or Subscribe for free updates.
You may also interested in:
- How to solve Folders Showing as Shortcuts, Hidden in USB/Memory-Card/HDD
- How to Change folder background in Windows 7
- How to Shut Down Windows 8 Completely